12 Month FTC
Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified commercial accountant to join a large blue chip business that has a great reputation for nurturing talent for 12 months.
The team drive business performance by effectively business partnering across operational areas to make informed and effective commercial decisions, and maximise value creation.
In this role, you will work in a team of three including the divisional Finance Manager and another Finance Analyst. The team will business partner the Divisional Director and other Operational/Commercial stakeholders for Stock, Sourcing, RO & Returns. You will deliver timely day-to-day forecasting, analysis and performance commentary using inputs from the FP&A Centre of Excellence. This role primarily is responsible for finance business partnering key stakeholders responsible for RO stock clearance and Returns across the business.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Business partner and be the primary point of contact for the teams, acting on decisions to close gaps in actual financial performance vs. target collaborating with the relevant teams.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting, planning, budgeting & forecasting activities with guidance from the Supply Chain Finance Manager.
- Analytical support and reporting commentary to the Commercial teams to help make sound commercial business decisions and improve business performance.
- Work closely within the FP&A CoE specifically the resource and expertise within the Accounting and Reporting, Financial Accounting and Analytics teams to provide an end-to-end service to our stakeholders.
- Work closely with the other Trading Finance Managers and Analysts to support category specific initiatives/actions to improve the performance of RO and Returns.
- Complete adhoc analysis as required.
- Attend and actively contribute to key meetings as required.
- Share relevant tools and lessons learnt with the Business Partnering community.
Your skills & experience will include:
- Qualified Accountant with 1-3 years PQE experience - CIMA / ACCA.
- Strong commercial acumen, curiosity beyond traditional finance boundaries and ability to understand key business drivers.
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner.
- Strong Excel & Access skills with attention to detail.
- Team player with good presentation and communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to positively and proactively engage key stakeholders to build credible relationships whilst retaining professional integrity.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81464177