Technical Architect - Insurance -London
Technical Architect - Enterprise - Insurance - permanent - London (City) - up to £75k
We are currently looking for a Technical Architect for our prestigious Client who operates in the London Insurance Market. This role will translate business needs and functional designs into functioning software or technology designs and deliver/develop common foundation architecture components that conform to known successful patterns, and that support evolution toward the future-state architecture
- Analyse enterprise business context to derive solution and technical architecture at program and project scope whilst considering all aspects of solution design i.e. performance, scalability and flexibility.
- Be the main technical interface between the project and enterprise planning team and ensure alignment and adherence to Enterprise Architecture principles, practices and roadmaps.
- Analyse the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyse technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture application implementation or modifications.
- Promote the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Define the technical architectural principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software products.
- Contribute to Internal and 3rd party partner software/technology development processes, standards and deliverables with emphasis on delivering quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Design of architecture based upon OO, DRY and SOLID principles.
- Creation of prototypes and/or proof of concepts.
- Design of N-tier applications based on re-use and scalability.
- Review and provide quality control for technology delivery teams (e.g. design/code review).
- Facilitate the preparation estimates and delivery proposals for technology delivery tasks by 3rd party partners or vendors.
- Provide pragmatic guidance for the adoption of up to date technologies and design patterns.
- Establish constructive working relationships with 3rd party partners, service providers and vendors in delivery of architecture accountabilities.
- Document technical architecture design and analysis work in solution blueprints, complying to EA guidance and aligning to 3-year roadmaps, strategic principle and practices.
- Liaison with all key stakeholders to ensure technical solutions meets business needs.
- Follow a configure before buy, before build principle.
Decision making Responsibilities:
- Act as technical design authority for a project portfolio.
- Provide input at interview and selection stage of recruitment process as required.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Sound commercial experience in the following:
- Continuous integration and automated deployments within TFS/VSTS.
- Automated testing.
- SQL Server and Transact-SQL.
- Experience and knowledge of Webservices & Web API.
- Design and development of N-tier, SOA & Microservice applications.
- Experienced in Full Life Cycle Development (Agile & Waterfall) and Solution Architecture.
- Knowledge and practical application of Design Patterns and Practises.
- Documentation of solution design blueprints. UML, Entity Relationship Diagramming etc.
- Leadership, Mentoring and Influencing of technical development teams.
Commercial experience in some of the following:
- Messaging and Distributed Caching.
- Azure or AWS cloud services.
- .Net Core.
- SharePoint, Nintex or Dynamics CRM.
- Experience in architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, MODAF etc.
- Experience in at least one Architecture tool (e.g. Sparx Enterprise Architect, System Architect, Troux/Metis, Corporate Modeller, ARIS etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, negotiation and planning.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Desirable - Knowledge or experience of the London Insurance Market or Financial Services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81464983