This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Developer to join one of the oldest names in the world of Socks, and to work across a mix of own brand categories, and fashion and premium private label retail accounts.
Reporting to the Co Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for the preparation, and lead on-time product development, including basic design (CADS) for all products from concept stage to customer approval sample sign off.
Product Developer – The Job Opportunity
- Work closely with the branded sales / private label product team to understand and accomplish seasonal product concepts from product brief, through to sample approval.
- Creation and translation of all development documentation from the customer / sales brief, including specifications and technical information in each product / development style
- Ensuring all CADs relate to each customer complete requirement and information, enabling the commencement of the development process, while ensuring clarity and understanding throughout the development supply chain, and, while ensuring key calendar milestones are achieved.
- Liaise with UK / offshore suppliers & factories, and agree development process and prototype approval / sample delivery dates.
- Co-ordinate with Technical support team regarding product specifications, testing, prototype assessments and sealed sample approval / feedback.
- Risk assessment to ensure early identification and input on product construction, testing, regulatory and safety compliance, manufacturing capability and efficiencies
- Co-ordinate with Customer / own brand regarding related packaging information and preparation by style / customer to issue out to vendors.
- Maintain an awareness of specific market intelligence and innovation, optimising advances in new technology and upholding Brand standards
- Ensure Insight and customer needs are at the centre of product development decision making while considering product engineering at all milestone steps.
- Coordinate product manufacture feasibility and product / cost engineering and breakdown analysis to consider cost management for all assigned products
- To provide weekly key milestones updates to management / co manufacturers covering updates on creation and sampling
- Participate in all product review with product team regarding assigned products
Product Developer – The Person Specification
- Ideally 2-4 years’ experience in a similar product development role, within hosiery/sock or knitted accessories.
- A good technical construction / development understanding of hosiery/socks or knitted manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Highly competent IT & Microsoft Office skills. Knowledge of Adobe would be beneficial.
- Ability to think creatively with strong attention to detail while being able to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task, while having good problem-solving skills
- Able to identify, work with & influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong team player, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to travel outside the UK to visit Vendors when required
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458424