Senior IT Systems Engineer
NETbuilder is a leading provider of creative, software, consulting and managed services to financial, government and commercial markets.
We're a full IT and digital service agency, with our employees spread across the UK, and are experts in Enterprise Content Management, Cloud Computing and Cyber Security.
We have capabilities that encompass Digital, Cloud, DevOps and IT Transformation, Cyber Security, Customer Experience, Implementation and Managed Services.
Senior IT Systems Engineer Role Description
We are currently looking for a Senior IT Systems Engineer who will be based in our North West of England office.
This is a varied role that requires a strong team player with a diverse range of IT skills and disciplines.
A proactive, dynamic approach to IT project delivery, Cyber Security and a strong desire to learn is essential.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm with occasional out of hours work and travelling to and from customer sites.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Architecting and delivering a varied range of IT and Cyber Security projects
- Producing comprehensive documentation for IT and Cyber Security projects
- Identifying customer and NETbuilder issues and requirements in order to provide continued service improvement
- Acting as an escalation point for the service desk to support customer and NETbuilder systems
- Providing technical advice, knowledge share and ticket recommendations to the service desk
- Testing and evaluating new IT systems and solutions
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016) and associated infrastructure technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, NPS
- In-depth knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V virtualised environments
- In-depth knowledge of security solutions including the configuration of WatchGuard, Sophos and Cisco UTM appliances and supporting technologies
- Strong LAN and WAN infrastructure skills with emphasis on VLANs and routing on Cisco and HP networking equipment
- Strong Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 and Office 365 skills.
- Working knowledge and administration of AD, Group policy, scripting and remote tools
- Experience with SANs, ideally with exposure to Dell EqualLogic
- Experience and understanding of cloud technologies including Microsoft Azure, AWS and Office 365
- Experience in backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions with emphasis on VEEAM offerings
- Experience and understanding of SQL technologies
- Experience with Linux systems
How to apply
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Senior IT Systems Engineer job then we would like to hear from you.
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458404