- Understanding business needs and required outcomes for proposed initiatives.
- Influencing business aims and objectives through consultancy based on technology domain and delivery practice knowledge (the art of the possible and technical feasibility).
- Working with enterprise architects, Head of Solutions and other solutions architects as well as across the business to ensure consistency and cohesion in projects.
- Defining application and platform design for internal, external and cloud hosted projects.
- Key decision maker across entire project lifecycle.
- Contributing to technical discussions, both externally and internally.
- Run workshops and present to business and exec stakeholders.
- Work with business analysts to ensure solution can be traced to ensure all requirements and business case outcomes are realised.
- Provide support to a newly established digital development team.
- Supervise application design performed by internal and external providers to ensure goals outlined in solution architecture are realised
- Liaise with infrastructure teams, provide guidance on e2e solutions, and support IT in establishing a secure, compliant, efficient and innovative architectural landscape.
- Project delivery troubleshooting and defect resolution.
- Live system support and incident resolution.
- Highly experienced on multi-platform solutions architecture
- Digital Solutions
- Financial services application security
- Linux / Unix / Windows / Mainframe /
- .Net / C# experience
- Visio or equivalent
- Data analysis
- Web services (HTTP(S) protocols, XML, JSON)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Financial services background
- Encryption and authentication concepts
- Code-pages and data translation concepts
- Batch and online transaction processing
- Understanding of networking concepts including DNS
- Ability and confidence to challenge decisions with senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, including presentations and workshops
- Team player attitude and ability to manage project stress
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills
- Credit card or retail banking/retail finance background
- TOGAF certified
- Cloud experience on Microsoft Azure and AWS platforms (service fabric, cloud app)
- Experience working with First Data, TSys or Experian
- Understanding of MPLS/VPLS networks
- Highly transactional and multithreaded application design
- Working in an Agile SDLC
If this is a role you are interested in and believe that you meet the essential criteria, please contact Georgina on 0161 924 3656 or
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458309