Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Woodrow Mercer is pleased to be partnering with an exciting Challenger Bank based in Birmingham. Our client is looking for a Regulatory Reporting Accountant to join on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity for a Newly Qualified/Qualified Accountant with prior regulatory experience to build an exciting career within Banking/ Financial Services.
- You will perform thorough analysis of the balance sheet and P&L to provide a proper control environment and ensure that reports have a high degree of accuracy.
- You will act as a trusted partner to internal and external stakeholders regarding regulatory requirements across a broad suite of products, including trading inventory, derivatives, loans, and repos.
- You will build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of departments across the organisation.
- Aiding in the planning, testing and implementation of projects
- You will drive automation and efficiency by identifying opportunities to improve reporting systems and liaising with IT and Change Management to implement changes.
- You will maintain controlled and well-documented processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Fully Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- 3 years + prior related accounting / regulatory/ financial reporting experience
- Experience within Financial Services/ Banking is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to comfortably present to auditors and senior management
- Driven - someone who accepts challenge
- Demonstrate initiative / a self-starter
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable examples of influencing non-finance
£45,000 + Benefits
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds of interest then please apply now with a recent version of your CV for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458343