Capita IT Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Configuration Manager to join our client based in Reigate. Successful candidates will join the Service & Operations team and will be responsible for effectively managing all Configuration Management processes. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to be instrumental in developing and managing a System Configuration Management service that supports a fast paced and dynamic environment. The role will be required to define, deploy and implement system configuration management policies, along with the processes behind the relevant policies and thereafter provide overall Configuration Management expertise to the business and our customers.
Required skills / experience:
- Highly skilled in all aspects of Configuration Management, (ITIL Intermediate modules such as Configuration Management Practitioner or Service Transition are desirable)
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment, whilst maintaining focus, sense of urgency and decisiveness.
- Demonstrates relationship building, motivation and influencing skills to achieve results.
- Good attention to detail, observation, listening skills, and persistence
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Experience in the Telecoms, Service Provider or IT industry, with a good understanding of Local Government, preferably from experience of working with or within this area.
- Experience of large and complex service management contracts.
- Excellent understanding of Service Management principles and Service Level metrics.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service to SLAs and experience of managing key customer relationships within a service management type role.
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of IT / Network / Communications services including WAN / LAN, VoIP, Ethernet, ADSL / SDSL, Security, Mail Relays, DNS, internet filtering, MPLS networks, Cisco, SIP.
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Possess mature interpersonal skills and is successful at developing and managing relationships at all organizational levels, both internally and externally.
- ITIL qualification (Min V3) and experience of applying ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library framework) in the workplace.
- Good documentation skills, specifically with regards to internal and customer processes.
- Knowledge or experience using BMC Remedy ITSM tool
- Knowledge of asset and configuration management within Enterprise and IP networks and related hardware / software / licensing / warranties
- Drivers license
- CRB clearance
If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more, please send me your CV in response to this advert for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81456594