Interim Senior Server Technician
- This is a 3 month contract initially
- DBS Basic Check is required for this role, valid within the last 12 months.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the support, maintenance, and design of infrastructure components and associated technologies within a Data Centre Environment.
- The role will be focused around multiple specialisms in a technological area and this can range from server hardware to enterprise infrastructure applications
- Responsibility will range across all aspects of technology lifecycle management including design, configuration, implementation, maintenance, 2nd & 3rd line fault diagnosis and resolution, improvement, monitoring and reporting.
- Production and reporting of technical performance information appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Monitor actual trends in system activity, agree policies for future developments and optimise performance at both a solution and operating system level appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Availability Management across infrastructure and solutions appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Input to the IS and corporate Business continuity planning appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- The progression of incidents and problems in line with targets and commitments held within the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Involved with formal projects and change requests, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner in accordance with current standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure quality data exists within Information Services data sets (e.g. Configuration Management System, Call Management System, Customer database)
- Be aware and adhere to applicable policies and processes within Information Services (e.g. Incident Management; Change Management; Configuration Management; Procurement)
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience within the areas of designing, supporting, configuring and implementing infrastructure solutions
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Relevant and recognised Industry Certification for area of specialism i.e. MCSA, MTCS
- Demonstrable knowledge of supporting Windows server 2008 and 2012 server operating systems
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience supporting a Microsoft Exchange environment and/or Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager managing an enterprise client estate.
- Demonstrable knowledge of supporting Windows 7 and 10 client operating systems
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81457178