Reporting into the Engineering Manager the objective of this role is to contribute to the launch of new products and continuous improvement of existing product range through design, development, construction and testing.
- The design and development of electronic circuits
- Build and test of prototype electronic assemblies
- The design and development of software and firmware
- An understanding of mechanical design
- The design and build of test equipment
- Identify and liaise with suppliers to purchase parts
- Negotiate prices, draft terms of agreement and management of relevant documentation
- Continuously monitor the quality of parts received to ensure they meet required standards
- Identify problems and apply appropriate methods to identify causes and achieve satisfactory solutions
- Identify, organise and use resources effectively to complete tasks with consideration for cost, quality, safety, security and environmental impact
- Manage and apply safe systems of work
- Must have knowledge of both hardware and firmware design
- Experience of buying, and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- Use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge
- Lateral thinking and the ability to adopt new techniques.
- Use effective communication and interpersonal skills
Terms and benefits
- Salary £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 35-hour working week
- Annual holiday entitlement starting at 23 days, plus eight Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking on site
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81457826