Senior Data Manager (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MI, ETL)
Senior Data Manager (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MI, ETL) - Leeds
A leading UK FTSE 100 provider of IT services and solutions are looking to hire a talented Senior Data Manager (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MI, ETL) to join a rapidly expanding team in Leeds.
The successful Data Manager (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MI, ETL) will be responsible for developing and maintaining datasets used by a talented and ambitious MI team and its various stakeholders.
The Senior Data Manager will lead best practice around the use of data for MI reporting purposes by MI Analysts, as well as resolve data quality issues through robust data investigation and resolution activity and support wider Business Change management processes (e.g. Transformation and CRM change management)
Responsibilities for the Senior Data Manager (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MI, ETL):
- In a senior capacity, work with the wider MI team and senior stakeholders across client partnerships to ensure data support meets the level and quality required
- Identify robust data solutions to common MI reporting challenges
- Take ownership of the Data Warehouse and contribute to development plans and strategy
- Source new datasets into the DWH where there is a reporting need or a business requirement to manage.
- Provide leadership on data issues; including the education and development of less experienced team members
Essential Skills for the Senior Data Manager (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MI, ETL):
- Data Technical expert for SQL Server - an expert in the use of SQL programming
- Experienced in data investigation to identify faults / verify amendments to the code
- Proficiency in MS Office tools such as Excel
- Familiar with data presentation packages - e.g. COGNOS / TABLEAU / SSRS
- Excellent analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling, etc)
Knowledge for the Senior Data Manager (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MI, ETL):
- In-depth knowledge of relational database theory/architecture
- Experience of data / MI change programme especially in a data / technical capacity
- Experience of Data Warehouse technologies and how to develop/maintain
- Familiar with technical challenges in Operational MI reporting
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81462566