Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant management accountant job in Crewe for AAT Qualified or CIMA / ACCA part-qualified accountant
Your new company
My client is an industry leading payment solutions provider, seeking an experienced, motivated and focused Assistant Management Accountant to join their growing finance team.
Your new role
You will be responsible for;
- Ownership of key Volume and Margin Reconciliations in order to understand business performance and ensure operations are working effectively
- Develop Business Partner relationships with European Country Managers, becoming a focal point for communications and queries
- Identification of business risks and performance of monthly control procedures including Purchase Reconciliations
- Commercial review and analysis of customer margins, and ability to clearly and concisely explain variances to key stakeholders
- Production of weekly Management Reporting and analysis
- Production of monthly performance analysis
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the finance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business
- Ad-hoc tasks to support the team
- Helping to pass on your experience and knowledge to graduate trainees, thus maintaining the continuing ethos of the company to improve and promote within
What you'll need to succeed
- Advanced Excel skills - including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to deal with non-finance people to gather relevant information
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation.
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop their own career.
The desirable skills:
- Experience of working within a fast growing business environment
- Experience of Sage, Oracle financials or similar accounting systems.
- Knowledge of another language
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.