Supportability/Systems Engineer - Dreadnought Programme
- Full Time
Brand new exciting opportunities have arisen for STEM Engineers to join the largest support services UK organisation based in Keynsham, near Bristol as a Supportability Engineer
Key elements of the post are:
- Influencing the design of the submarine - maximising ease of support in service
- Developing an in-service Support Solution which demonstrably satisfies requirements for availability and cost
- Ensuring the submarine can be maintained within safe operating limits.
- Providing provide an embedded team that is responsible for the influencing and reporting on the supportability considerations of the Platform and Secondary Propulsion Major Systems.
- Technical quality of the engineering deliverables demonstrating compliance with the required technical assurance and governance processes
- Assessing and influencing the design of named systems by creating a Supportability Bill of Materials
- Recording risks or issues that may prevent a system from meeting its supportability requirement
- Providing Through Life support activities for nominated systems to meeting their Design Review criteria and ultimately the programme
- Engage with other SME in the field of supportability, cost engineering or supply chain as necessary
- Ensuring coherence with and adherence to engineering strategies, policies and plans
Successful candidate requirements:
- STEM background - preferably qualified in Engineering/Technical discipline
- Understanding and experience of working in accordance with support related polices, standards and guidance
- Experience in forming and delivering quantitative technical cases for implementing opportunities or managing risk.
- An excellent communicator, you will be able to articulate complex arguments for a wide range of stakeholders to understand. You will be able to demonstrate that you can drive issues to completion.
- Project Management experience or qualifications would be advantageous as the role requires the delivery of documentation to time and budget.
- Relevant experience of assessing systems in a defence and/or services environment
What's on offer?
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent job security
- Great work/life balance
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from award winning Investors in People Gold award Learning & Development teams.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81457681