Packaging Developer - Adult & Feminine Care
Packaging Developer - Adult & Feminine Care
Role: Packaging Developer - Adult & Feminine Care
Full Time 36.5 hours per week
Location: Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom
Closing Date: *9th March 2018
Leading the world in essentials for a better life. That's what we are all about.
Kimberly-Clark seeks original thinkers to create solutions for our consumers
Employees are our most valued resource and are at the centre of everything we do. Their talent, diversity and commitment are crucial to our innovation and success.
We recruit great people. Our trusted brands are an indispensable part of life for nearly one-quarter of the world's population. To maintain this trust and pioneer new products, we seek people who share our passion for excellence, teamwork and original thinking.
Billions worldwide choose our products to make a positive difference in their lives. That's a big responsibility and one we all take seriously.
- In business for almost 50 years
- Nearly one-quarter of the world's population purchase our products every day
- With brands like Andrex, Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 brand share in 80 countries
Voted as one of Bloomberg's best UK Employer 2016 and as a global organisation we are able to offer exceptional career development opportunities all around the world. As a result of our continued success we are now seeking a Packaging Developer to work within our UK based R&D Team.
So ... What Will You Be Doing?
The purpose of this role is to provide the expert knowledge and leadership required to create, develop and implement packaging strategy and projects required by their category/region, working with Global, KCI & EMEA. The role will coach and mentor the mill based packaging LCM team in the specific needs of their category/region, establishing best practice & developing strong connections with the wider design team.
What Else Do We Need You to Do?
- Lead & participate in KCI/EMEA/Global Design packaging development programmes to their specific EMEA's business needs.
- Participate in & lead consumer studies to feed pack design and packaging structure options.
- Lead the development of a packaging strategy for the materials / structures / vendors for their category/region.
- Investigate new materials, formats and vendors to assist in the development of new innovations and package improvements,
- Lead & participate commercialisation of packaging innovations and projects across EMEA ensuring the manufacturing has capability to implement new pack formats and designs. Support commercialisation of product innovations.
- Champion colour printing standard processes with pre-press and printer and suppliers
- Actively participate in the Innovation Management Framework (IMF) Governance Process to ensure the timely approval & accomplishment of packaging development activities.
- Provide technical support for current packaging formats and problems
- Own packaging specification database and Safety Clearance process for packaging materials in the region. Prepare packaging technical drawings for innovation projects H&F.
- Recommend & support packaging efficiency and material cost optimisation programmes.
- Promote strong relationships between Research & Engineering & Mill based Life Cycle Maximisation (LCM), Purchasing, Engineering, Product Supply, KCI/Global NW, Marketing, Supply chain, Quality, Design
- Create and share best practice in packaging between the mills. Provide support and expertise in packaging to LCMs.
- Project manages the required product projects in their domain. Including project scoping, timelines and resources
- Supports development of certain key processes, if required (unique SME)
- Recognised as focal point for the Brand's packaging needs by the mills and category teams. The role will be seen as a champion of innovation for this area.
- Establishes and maintains a work environment where continuous improvement is expected, and maintaining the status quo is challenged.
- Ensures control of project costs. Contributes to cost savings initiatives in all areas.
- Supports customer visits and mill audits.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant Corporate Financial Instructions and the K-C Code of Conduct.
- Works to achieve the corporate vision for environmental responsibility, sustainability in compliance with all the applicable laws and regulations.
What Do We Need From You?
- Bachelor Degree in a major scientific or engineering discipline and or equivalent skills/experience.
- Previous successful responsibility within a packaging/design environment.
- Extensive experience in a professional/corporate/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of providing R&D support to qualify new product start-ups & facilitate handover to Product Supply.
- Strong Technical Curiosity: Be an idea generator and a consumer & brand champion with good technical knowhow.
- Strong verbal/written communication & influencing skills.
- Project leadership/management experience.
- Good collaboration & team working skills.
- The right or ability to obtain the right to work in the UK. This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive Basic Salary + bonus potential
- 25 days' holiday, plus opportunity to buy additional days
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
There's More ...
You'll also have the opportunity to choose from our flexible benefits scheme which include things like -
- Critical illness cover
- Dining cards
- Green car scheme
- Share scheme options
- Gym memberships
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
KC are a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign
*Please note that this role will remain advertised internally until an offer of employment has been made.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based.
United Kingdom -Reigate
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81461775