A great opportunity for a Payroll Officer has arisen to join a leading, well-accredited company based in St Albans
Working within the busy payroll department, this is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to come on board as a Payroll Assistant and gain great Payroll experience and further their skillset.
As a Payroll Officer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage end to end monthly payroll process which involves producing, collating and checking of the payroll, ensuring that information is 100% accurate and in-keeping with payroll deadlines.
- Responsible for the monthly payroll reconciliation with Finance.
- Manage the monthly payroll reporting, ensuring key stakeholders are kept up to date with employee movements (IT, Facilities, Finance).
- Payroll audit management - regularly conduct audits of the payroll process and data input to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Administers bonus payments, payroll related taxes, third party payments etc.
- Processes wage and overtime payments, payroll deductions and requests for out of cycle payments.
- Be a point of contact for pay queries and liaise with HR when applicable.
- Check employee payslips and reconcile discrepancies.
- Process monthly invoices for payroll and benefits providers.
- Communicate clear deadlines to the HR team, employees and managers.
- Produce ad hoc reports for payroll, benefits, suppliers and year-end reporting.
- Support the team with broader HR projects including appraisal, pay review and talent development.
To be successful in this role we are looking for candidates with the following;
- A full working knowledge and demonstrable experience within a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of advanced Excel.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to juggle a demanding workload and manage priorities.
- Experience of working within a busy administrative team.
- Strong communication skills; clarity in writing style and verbal expression.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as a team and lead on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and the drive to get things right first time.
- Sound IT skills, including the full Ms Office Package.
- Knowledge of ADP payroll systems is desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81456444