Head of Finance - Belfast
An experienced Finance Director is required to join our client, based in Belfast in a newly created role as the Head of Group Finance for two of their successful Companies.
Our client is a very well established, multi million pound turnover Group which remains independently owned and operated. They are already a long established and highly successful with further acquisitions planned.
This newly created role as Head of Group Finance will take responsibility for 2 Companies with a combined turnover of over £50 million.
The purpose of the role will be providing support and commercial steer to the Group Board and while also managing and mentoring a team of 16 direct reports.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the finance and accounting functions across 2 Group Companies in accordance with specified requirements of the Group.
- Managing the overall performance of the team and the department.
- Developing and maintaining financial systems and procedures, ensuring that all legal, customer and supplier, and internal (companies and Group) financial information needs are met.
- Preparing financial budgets in accordance with Group requirements, ensuring the business objectives are achieved.
- Monitoring and reporting progress against KPI's including any variance analysis.
- Managing the production of monthly management and financial accounts, including all associated administration
- Overseeing the production of financial records including all accounting entries and supervising journal and ledger maintenance.
- Providing financial reports based on the management accounts to the Management team.
- Attending and contributing monthly management meetings, providing input to the strategic direction of the Companies.
- Managing and monitoring the cash flow in the business including management of the credit control function, and fulfilling group-reporting requirements.
- Managing the annual external audit process, ensuring compliance with the relevant Statutory obligations and internal Group reporting deadlines.
- Monitoring and reviewing current accounting systems in order to recommend and introduce improved methods of working.
- Reviewing the IT systems periodically, ensuring data integrity, data security and data backups are carried out.
- Managing and supervising the accounts team day to day and providing ongoing training and mentoring.
- Overseeing the HR administration and reporting in conjunction with the HR Coordinator.
The ideal applicant will form part of the Senior Management team, demonstrating strong leadership skills, a flexible approach, commitment to the role and to the Organisation as a whole.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81454983