DevOps / CI Engineer
Global market leading Financial requires a highly skilled DevOps/CI Engineer to be based at their offices in Reigate, Surrey. This is a key role that will help to set and develop the company’s electronic proposition as its key asset. As such, candidates should have a proven track record of success as a CI engineer by having lead the Continuous Integration strategy elsewhere.
- Understand the current automated CI practices and recommend improvements.
- Responsible for collaborating with developers and testers to help build code, run tests, manage issues, and support the development / deployment pipeline.
- Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment, automating wherever possible
- Assist in managing version control branches/tags
- Support the software development life cycle and Agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum
- Troubleshoot compile and build failures, and facilitate resolution
- Create and maintain continuous integration process documentation
- Work with all development teams, senior management and QA teams to help CI support the business strategy /road map.
- Expert knowledge of Continuous integration environments (Team City, Visual Studio)
- Knowledge of Continuous Deployment technologies (Octopus Deploy, Shippable)
- Knowledge of Docker / Containerisation preferable
- Expert knowledge of repo management (Artifactory, NPM)
- Expert knowledge of version Control GitHub / Git / Mercurial and differing workflows
- Knowledge of Config / Provisioning technologies ( Chef / Puppet /Vagrant / Ansible)
- Knowledge of continuous code quality tools such as SonarQube
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies (AWS / Azure)
- Salary £60-70k
- Annual bonus
- 13% company contribution pension
- Life assurance
- 35 hour standard working week
- Private medical
- 25/27 days’ holiday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459344