Test Automation Engineer / Software Developer
Job Title: Test Automation Engineer
Location: Burgess Hill, East Sussex
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company, one of the world's leading providers of financial services, are currently looking for an enthusiastic, talented Test Automation Engineer (or Software Developer in Test) to join their Enterprise Tokenisation development team.
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will be part of a fast-paced, collocated engineering team responsible for delivering world class capabilities supporting the Company's Token Service. You will play a key role in designing and developing industry standard web services for high volume consumption. A successful candidate requires excellent problem solving skills as well as a desire to learn through experience. Supporting a global business, you will be required to understand and deliver against a diverse set of business needs, providing interesting and ever evolving development requirements.
- Ensure the development team's software is implemented correctly, through the creation and execution of continuous and automated testing validation throughout the development lifecycle
- Manage various test cycles from integration, acceptance, performance, regression to user acceptance testing and production environment evaluations prior to regular production releases
- Provide strong focus on continuous improvement by identifying opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies, tools and techniques and driving improvements in overall quality, automation and testing processes and techniques.
- Facilitate the team's ownership of the development code, process & change lifecycle, ensuring the platform is well maintained, issues are quickly resolved, and that its capabilities are continuously improved by the team as a whole through a consistent agile approach
- Drive adoption of agile practices and lean thinking throughout department Quality Engineers
Typical 'day in the life of':
- Attend various scrum ceremonies including Product Backlog Review (refine acceptance criteria, estimate user stories), Sprint Planning (agree sprint velocity, identify dependencies), Daily Stand-ups (achieved so far, current day plan, impediments) and Retro (what went well, what can be improved)
- Build development for automatable user stories well before the code is deployed for the testing and execute the automation development for testing the user stories once code is deployed
- Demonstrate the test results of completed user stories to PO and provide the code clean sign off for the accepted user stories at the end of the sprint
- Identify automated development that qualify for Regression and execute regression worthy automation development in Release Regression environment and provide sign off for production release
- Work closely with other teams, namely scrum teams in case of any dependencies, Systems team for any environment / infrastructure issues and other internal teams for any cross team capabilities
- Work with the developers when they perform unit testing to ensure all cases are identified and tested before the code is moved for system testing
- Experience as a Java EE programmer or QA Engineer, with proven ability in writing test cases, developing and running functional, automated and performance tests
- Testing automation tools/frameworks such as SoapUI, Postman, Selenium WebDriver and hands on Junit or TestNG framework building and management is a must
- Solid experience in test-driven development (TDD), behaviour-driven development (BDD), functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing with good knowledge in performance and security testing
- Good knowledge of performance testing tools, guidelines and processes
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous integration platforms, especially Maven and Jenkins
- Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven with a growth mind-set and demonstrating strong attention to detail and accuracy
Talk to their people and you'll find out what they're really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you'll hear. It's their culture that makes it such an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why they regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World's Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career there.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Automation Test Engineer, Automation Software Developer, Programmer, Engineer, Software Programmer, Automation Developer, Selenium, WebDriver, Agile, Scrum, Software Programmer, Software Engineer, Software Tester, Software Testing Engineer, Software Tester, Automation Engineer, Software Engineer in Test, Senior Software Engineer, Automation Test Analyst may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81456033