Purpose of the role:1. To negotiate with (Re)Insurers and obtain agreement to the settlement of claims or notification of an advice.2. Process claims collection / advice documentation onto IT systems and produce relevant documentation and / or Class / ECF / Lors transactions and reconcile accounts where applicable.
3. Submit documentation to London and / or overseas(Re)Insurers where
applicable.4, To undertake general support across all areas of the claims department including administrative tasks as and when required. 4. Essential to have knowledge of Excess of Loss, including Aggregates, Multi Currency, Interlocking, Reinstatements and LORS.
5. Knowledge of Binders, Property or Marine would be an added advantage.
1. Claims Procedures and Records
1.1. Assess whether claim is fully recoverable within the policy terms and conditions.1.2. Enter claim on Brokasure, DMS, ECF/Class, LORS, where necessary and ensure entered correctly.1.3. Organise workflow and identify urgent/non-urgent claims and prioritise accordingly / as instructed.1.4. Ensure compliance with the Company’s Claims Handling Guidelines Check List & Sanctions Policy.
1.5. Produce renewal statistics and provide input on enhancements to the scope of the cover.
2. Liaise internally and externally
2.1. Liaise with clients, surveyors, lawyers, loss adjustors, third party administrators and market professionals 2.2. Maintain effective relationships with internal members of staff, not least placing brokers, broking back-up, TCSD, accounts department and account executives within RFIB.2.3. Ensure major losses are reported to the account executives alongside keeping all relevant parties informed of the progress of claims.
2.4. Where required, attend internal / external meetings.
2.5. Assist colleagues as required.
3. Record Keeping
3.1. Use appropriate IT systems to maintain accurate records, e.g. Brokasure, DMS, Microsoft Word / Excel, Class, ECF and A&S / Lors (where applicable).
3.2. Maintain accurate tracking records, be they manual / IT based.
3.3. Maintain client files and keep filing up to date.
3.4. General office duties i.e. filing.
4. Market Knowledge
4.1. Attend seminars to ensure market knowledge kept up to date.
4.2. Maintain aware of developments in the market.
5. Develop self
5.1. Contribute to Professional Development Plan (PDP) and identify training needs.5.2. Undertake appropriate learning and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as required for current/future job roles.5.3. Maintain awareness of current market practice and initiatives; attend Seminars / Lectures where applicable.
Limits to authority:
Qualifications and experience:
• Good standard of education especially numeracy.
• Foreign languages are desirable.
• CII Certificate level qualification desirable.
• Lloyd’s and London Market Introductory Test (LLMIT) if applicable.
Experience / key personal traits
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Knowledge of insuring conditions
• Market place and Lloyds and Company markets practice and procedures.• IT systems, e.g. Microsoft Office and specific industry systems such as Brokasure , Class, ECF, A&S, Lors and Lloyds Tracking.• Commercial awareness of insurance – the roles of intermediary, underwriting, claims and reinsurance.
• Business departments and business classes.
• Current market practice.
• Managing effective and constructive working relationships.
• Keeping detailed records.
• Communication – both written and verbal.
• Use of IT systems, e.g. Brokasure, DMS, Class, ECF, Lors and Lloyds Tracking.
• Administration and Organisation skills and managing effective workflow.• Working with figures.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81456015