We are currently looking for a Credit Controller to actively chase an assigned portfolio of Customer accounts to ensure payment to terms and maximise cash collection in order to achieve DSO targets and reduce aged debt balances leading to bottom-line savings.
- Effectively chase all Customers and carry out weekly housekeeping tasks within your dedicated portfolio of accounts to ensure prompt payment of outstanding invoices and maximise cash receipts.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with both internal and external Customers, develop solutions to on-going issues and ensure Customer queries are processed and resolved in an efficient and timely manner, in accordance with the Biffa query management process (QLS) to provide first class customer service standards.
- Maintain detailed breakdown on top accounts to clearly show the status of all outstanding invoices highlighting any issues and concerns so that these can be promptly resolved and key performance indicators are met.
- Ensure open communication with Commercial Managers to effectively manage the accounts and to give visibility of any issues and concerns and offer resolutions to on-going issues to improve the Customer Experience.
- Review and allocate Contra accounts and Reciprocal traders with close liaison with Purchase Ledger and Run L28 reports to support billing and to highlight tax charges to improve the customer experience.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks and adopt best practice as requested in line with your role to support the Team and Credit Control Manager.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Credit Controller is responsible for recording and chasing an assigned portfolio of customer accounts to ensure payment to terms and maximising cash collection in order to achieve DSO targets and reduce aged debt balances leaving to bottom-line savings.
To assist in managing the top accounts, the post-holder will maintain a detailed breakdown to clearly show the status of all outstanding invoices.
The role operates within defined key performance indicators for the individual and the team with each Credit Controller being dedicated and having ownership of a portfolio of approximately 200 accounts.
The typical planning horizon for this position is up to one month.
The majority of duties are routine work tasks based on service level agreements, set targets and work processes.
Credit Controller should be educated to GCSE level, have a high level of numeracy skills and the ability to understand numerical data and experience of achieving service level agreements and targets.
The role operates within a target driven fast-paced changing environment with the importance of working in partnership with a number of internal departments including Commercial Managers and Sites.
The post-holder will liaise with customers to resolve queries whilst delivering a first-class customer focused service.
- GCSE English
- GCSE Mathematics
- Intermediate Microsoft package IT skills in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Windows based applications including case management system
- Achieving clearly defined service level agreements and KPI's including customer service and financial delivery
- High level of numeracy and ability to understand numerical data
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that's based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We're very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You'll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.
We're committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You'll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81453687