Management Accountant Job in Sheffield paying up to £35,000.
Your new company
A leading provider in its field, this company are looking for a Part Qualified Accountant/Finalist/Qualified candidate who wants to develop their career. Based close to Sheffield, this company is easily accessible from the M1 and invests strongly in its employees.
You will take an integral role within the finance team, reporting into the Financial Controller as well as working with the wider business that will ultimately see you develop through your career and potentially your chosen qualification.
This company is going through a huge development process and expanding its operations throughout the UK, making it a very exciting time to join the company.
Your new role
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will produce valuable Financial Information to key stakeholders both internally and externally. The position with need a high level of accuracy of monthly P&L and financial forecasts whilst the relevant areas of MI / business plans / reforecast prepared in accordance with guidelines. You will need the ability to use own judgement and initiative to anticipate and investigate queries where necessary. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Statutory accounts.
- Ensure accurate representation of monthly P&L performance, posting all required ledger entries, reviewing the ledger to understand costs and supporting your transactions with appropriate reconciliations, Inter Co / Inter Group transactions.
- Production of monthly reports and schedules to meet group requirements and deadlines.
- Assist in the formulation of financial forecasts and budgets.
- Identify risk regarding GL postings, completion of reconciliations, and maintenance of data quality.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations, escalating risks and issues.
- Ability to improve on-going processes; appropriately addressing issues and contributing to change efficiently.
- Produce accurate working capital forecasts, working to minimise working capital through accurate and timely billing to our client, and ensure query resolution on a timely basis.
- Work with finance, operational and transformation teams to streamline existing processes; designing new reports and processes where necessary.
- VAT compliance and returns for all group companies and Intrastat reporting.
- Assist in the annual audit and other projects as required.
- Any other ad-hoc projects.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in your application you should be actively studying or have completed your ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification with sufficient experience in an Accounting function.
You should be ambitious and hard-working, looking to support the wider business with a track record of success.
What you'll get in return
In return for a working week of Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17.30, you will receive a salary up to £32,000 + bonus. There is also study support available should you wish to work towards ACA/ACCA or CIMA and the opportunity to progress your Finance career within the wider, national business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459986