NEWLY QUALIFIED/PART QUALIFIED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT IN SHEFFIELD - UP TO £34,000
Your new company
We are working with a well-established business, who are looking for a Part Qualified/Qualified and experienced Accountant to join their business. Based just north of Sheffield, this company is easily accessible. You will take a pivotal role within the finance team, reporting into the Director, as well as the wider business.
Your new role
Reporting to the Director you will produce valuable Management Information as well as;
- Produce accurate set of management accounts for the subsidiary
- Produce a reconciled balance sheet by 10 working days ensuring that all files are updated as journals are posted
- Work with Finance staff to help them complete their balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare year end accounts and work with auditors to complete statutory returns
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled each month end and notify Head of Finance where this has not been completed
- Ensure that all balance sheet backup has clear and relevant descriptions detailed
- Produce a month end file that is audit worthy at each month end
- Be a key source of information within the department to help guide junior staff
- Have a good understanding of all other functions within the department to provide help and guidance to other team members and to ensure accuracy of the information posted to the accounts
- Ensure income and costs are posted to the correct line within the accounts
- Prepare Vat returns on a quarterly basis
- Ad hoc reporting
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in your application you should have sufficient experience within a similar Management Accountant position coupled with the drive and ambition to succeed. You should be hard-working, coupled with searching for ways to improve your skillset and look to support the wider business with a track record of success.
What you'll get in return
Y ou will receive a salary in the range of up to £35,000 dependent on experience coupled with potential study support (if part qualified) and added benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459874