Embedded Software Engineer (Linux - entry level or Junior)
Renesas, the world's leading microcontroller vendor is seeking a junior level software engineer to join our Linux team based in Bourne End close to Maidenhead. This role will ideally suit either a graduate or an embedded software engineer seeking a route into Embedded Linux.
You will work across all aspects of the software design cycle and will be supported in your day to day activities by the highly experienced existing members of the Linux team. The Linux team works on a wide range of Linux and Android related activities within the System Solutions Dept. These activities cover both the Automotive and Industrial business sectors.
Must have background, skills and qualities:
- Degree in electronic engineering, software engineering or equivalent
- Proficient knowledge of C and C++
- Creative and structured approach to problem solving and issue debugging
- Self-motivated and highly resourceful
- Passionate about your contribution and self-improvement
- Ability to work independently and in a distributed team environment
- Flexible and open to change
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Valid and existing resident and work permit for the UK or another EU country is required.
Desirable skills and qualities:
- Working knowledge of ARM 32-bit or 64-bit architectures
- Previous experience in any of the following: Linux Kernel, U-Boot or Android development/support
- Previous Open Source Software experience
- Experience in using GIT
- Low level device driver and integration experience
- Previous board-bring-up and porting experience
- Agile project execution experience
Some of the key activities you will be involved in are as follows:
- Linux Board Support Development (BSP) for our high-end Renesas SoCs (System on Chip) based platforms. These SoCs are based on ARM 32-bit and 64-bit cores (e.g. CA57, CA53, CA15, CA7)
- Linux Kernel, U-Boot and Android development and porting
- Upstreaming support for Renesas devices to the mainline Linux Kernel as part of the Renesas contribution to the Linux open source project.
- Linux and Android BSP Maintenance/Support
- Contributing to Open Source Projects such as CIP (Civil Infrastructure Project) and the Genivi Alliance (automotive industry alliance committed to driving the broad adoption of open source)
- Machine Learning: we are currently working on Open Source solutions for Machine Leaning using frameworks like TensorFlow and Caffe.
Please apply via this advert or to **************************
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459813