English Teacher | NQT English Teacher | Sept 18
An ‘Good’ OFSTED graded Secondary School, in Wigan are looking to recruit an experienced English Teacher or exceptional NQT on a permanent basis for September 2018.
The Secondary School continues to achieve higher than the national average for GCSE results, and significantly above average attainment scores. A modern well resourced school with a focus on engaging learning opportunities.
With a well-resourced English department with a very committed and supportive department head. The support for newly appointed experienced teachers and NQTs is excellent.
Continuous support is backed up with in and out of school training courses, lesson observations and 1:1 discussions.
If this sounds like the ideal English Teacher position for you, then read on..
JOB DESCRIPTION – ENGLISH TEACHER / ENGLISH NQT
- English Teacher / English NQT
- Newly Qualified English Teacher (NQTs) or Experienced Teacher
- Ability to teach English Literature and English Language to KS3 and KS4
- Highly Supportive NQT induction: SLT & HOD Guidance, Lesson observations and continued in and out of school training
- Delivering engaging and informative English lessons
- Apply school ethos and policies throughout
- Continued Safeguarding training
- September 2018 – Permanent, Full Time
- MPS1 - MPS6 - £22,917 – £33,824
- Located in Bolton – Good Transport links
PERSON SPECIFICATION – ENGLISH TEACHER / ENGLISH NQT
- You must hold UK QTS (by September 2018)
- Experienced Teacher or Exceptional NQT
- Strong understanding of the English subject curriculum is essential
- Graded good or better in recent lesson observations or placements
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a committed team of English Teachers
- Must be an passionate about English Literature and grammar
- Ability to build rapport with children and staff alike
- Mixed 11 – 16 Secondary School – Circa 950 pupils
- Graded ‘GOOD’ in last OFSTED report
- Continually meet the national average for Progress 8
- Attainment 8 scores are above the national average
- Modern ethos and vision to teaching
- Fantastic NQT induction programme
- Highly involved and supportive SLT
If you are interested in this English Teacher / English NQT job role, then apply by sending your CV to Andy at Clarus Education. If shortlisted you will be contacted by a member of the team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81456419