Graduate Development Engineer
A British engineering company supplying advanced systems in exterior components to luxury super car manufacturers in the automotive industry are seeking an engineering Graduate to join their development team. You will work in the test and development of mechanical/electrical systems.
Commutable from: Bicester, Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Towcester, Aylesbury, Oxford, Banbury, Northampton, Dunstable
Salary £ 27,000 p.a. + 33 days holiday + Pension + Early finish on a Friday
Suitable for: Graduate, Graduate Engineer, Physics Graduate, Optical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Test Engineer, Development Engineer
- To develop mechanical, optical and electronic systems on pre-production projects to meet customer standards and legal requirements.
- Prototype development and analysis for R&D development projects in brand new pioneering new technologies using advanced LED and laser diode systems.
- Responsible for verification any design changes offering solutions and recommendations to projects teams.
- Environmental and mechanical testing (vibrations, climatic ETC) of pre-production projects to resolve issues and optimise designs.
- Photometric and colour testing of LED systems, comparing test data to design simulations and thermal testing of a variety of thermal interface materials.
- Full training will be provided on environmental and mechanical test equipment and photometric theory as well as practical testing.
Educated to degree level with a 2:1 or above in a relevant engineering or scientifically based subject with strong practical skills and a genuine interest in advanced engineering, advanced automotive systems, research & development and new technologies.
The assessment day will be held on either the 22nd or 24th of May at the company's manufacturing centre in Buckinghamshire.
To apply please forward an up to date copy of your CV to Matthew Taylor or get in touch by phone as soon as possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81455833