Group Finance Controller
Interim Group Finance Controller required to join a well-established Local Authority organisation based within the AGMA region.
This is a fantastic, newly created opportunity. You will be responsible for all aspects of financial control, reporting analysis for a group of smaller organisations owned by the Local Authority.
The role is initially for 6 months and paying 300-400 per day.
As the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
Accounting and Reporting
- Monthly reporting of capital expenditure.
- Consolidation of the group accounts.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including results analysis and commentary, and recommendations for actions to be taken.
- Establish processes and controls; with a particular focus on establishing systems during the company ownership transition period.
- Produce year-end accounts for the Local Authority's group consolidation.
- Business partnering with Senior non-finance and finance staff
- Prepare year-end statutory accounts for the Local Authority's companies.
- Manage the year-end audit process.
- Production of technical accounting papers to support significant/unusual transactions.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Preparation of annual budget and updated forecasts.
- Provide support in preparing capital investment proposals and subsequent post-mortem analysis of executed projects.
- Identify opportunities and developing business cases for improved Local Authority and company financial performance.
- Enabling the commercial analysis and review of the services provided via the sub contracts.
- Ad hoc analysis projects (e.g. preparation of financial models to support various commercial/financing activities).
Banking and Treasury
- Authorisation of company supplier/significant other cash payments
- Prepare cash flow forecasts. Compare actuals v forecast and seek to improve the management of working capital and cash.
- Be CCAB Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years post-qualified experience
- Have a proven track record of delivery in a business in a commercial setting
- Have experience in stakeholder engagement and communication in a transformational environment
- Have experience of assisting in business planning to deliver continuous service improvement
- Have a strong proven track record of interpreting corporate aims into financial and commercial plans
- Have experience preparing financial budgets and forecasts
- Have experience in the use of general ledger system
- Be a strong verbal and written communication
- Strong Microsoft skills
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458859