Java Software Developer
Software Java Developer, Basingstoke, 6 Months
Your new company
One of the worlds leading Television electronics company, If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don't just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Java development with J2SE as main experience
- Java API: collections, threading, file I/O, strings, exceptions, RMI
- Familiarity with web services using JDK or other web services API, e.g. Axis, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Technologies: swing, hibernate, Windows, Junit
- Tools: Eclipse, svn
- Object oriented design: understanding good and bad OO style, not just the syntax; design patterns experience We're looking for people who pride themselves on being good engineers first, js/Java programmers second
- emphasis on problem solving, not just the technology keywords. The keywords will come and go, but core engineering skills will stay the same.
- Education: 1st or 2-1 undergraduate degree in any subject
- Technologies: PostGresql, Oracle, Mac, Linux, XML, JUnit, Test Driven Development
Nice to have
- Experience of SoftwareAG WebMethods (http://www.softwareag.com/uk/products/wm/default.asp [https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/3Fc0CoVZPi8MxDPFzlUJ8?domain=softwareag.com] ) tool set for writing workflows and services.
- Experience of an Enterprise Service Bus and writing workflows.
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) experience would be helpful.
- Containerisation technologies (Docker)
- Cloud platforms (AWS)
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459246