As a senior developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
* Liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development
* Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
* Fully browser test any implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
* Forward thinking for other devices and required accessibility.
* Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
* Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
* Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
* Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
* Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We work in small iterative cycles and typically release software weekly to production.
* Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support. Everyone.
* Participate in intra-day and overnight Support.
* Demonstrable experience of Continuous Delivery software development methods, including TDD and automated testing (including non-functional testing).
* The successful candidate is likely to have worked with these technologies as a minimum:
o Angular, ES6, React, Webpack, gulp, grunt, less,
* Experience of working in unix environments is essential.
* Experience of REST services is advantageous.
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
* How to write Technical documentation
* How to liaise effectively with users - in this role this will be with sales, traders and quants.
* Experience of working in a front-office environment in an investment bank is advantageous
* Experience of working in the FX domain is advantageous
IDEAL EXPERIENCE (Please list any experience/skills that would be considered desirable although not essential for this role)
* Front Office development team in Large Investment Bank, supporting global trading desk
* A background of solid architectural work
* Knowledge of Enterprise Integration and messaging technologies (29 West, RMDS)
* Spot FX market conventions
* Forward FX market conventions
Including: General comments of type of Candidate required, any minimum requirements that you have that have not already been detailed.
The successful candidate will have:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* The ability to work comfortably both within a team and independently as required
* The ability to define and lead with respect to front-end architecture
* A flexible approach to delivery responsibility
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81451604