Maintenance Engineer - Days
An exciting new opportunity has opened up based in Wellingborough. An industry leader in recycling 'end of life' PVC-U windows is currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
This is a new build installation, utilising all the latest technologies associated with plastics re-cycling. We are ideally looking for engineers who have a broad range of skills and have the right attitude to be involved in such an exciting time for our new processing plant.
This will be a wonderful opportunity for a time served mechanical engineer to branch out into a range of multiskilling activities such as FAB and WELD and basic electrical work. If the right enthusiasm is shown we will provide training in these areas to further develop their career and skill set.
Duties to include:-
- Preventative maintenance on machines and equipment; as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines
- Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment
- To take on project work in between breakdowns
- Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose
- To provide cover and support for operators of process machines
- Perform minor and major repairs of all buildings
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Experience with heavy plant and machinery
- Good mechanical background
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- A strong willingness to learn
- To take instruction from senior staff with work from time to time
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- A good pleasant manner with a 'can do' attitude
- City & Guilds level 2 & 3 certificate and/or BTEC ONC/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- PLC programming and experience would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- Counterbalance forklift licence desirable
- Able to work days, nights and weekends
If you also have good electrical experience and/or FAB and Welding this will be advantageous but not essential as on the job training will be provided.
If this sounds like you apply today for immediate consideration. Hours are on a 4 on 4 off basis.
This vacancy is being advertised by flatraterecruiting, the UK's leading Online Recruitment Agency. At flatraterecruiting we work differently to most recruiters, every time you apply to one of our vacancies, your CV goes through to the hiring manager to review. The hiring manager will then make the decision on your application and contact you directly.
By applying you are giving your consent for us to process your application and pass on your details to our client for review for this vacancy only.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81457350