Lead Configuration Engineer
Lead Configuration Engineer
Lead Configuration Engineer: A major Defence company are looking to recruit a Project Engineering Manager at their site in Southampton to .review customer CM & PDM requirements; identifying applicable Technical, Physical and Procedural controls
Lead Configuration Engineer Responsibilities:
* Generation of Configuration Management Plans.
* Managing CM related activates required by the company PDM system (Team Centre).
* Definition of Configuration and Data Management requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
* Liaising with all areas of the business on project CM related issues.
* Producing CM related metrics at project level to feed into CM at a functional level.
* Chairing Configuration Control Board meetings.
* Supporting the definition of Strategic direction of CM & PDM across L&N UK in conjunction with other divisions in the company.
Lead Configuration Engineer Requirements:
* Configuration Management and Planning: Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management and Planning activities.
* Fully versed with the requirements of international CM and experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners, subcontractors and suppliers.
* Configuration Identification: Highly knowledgeable in configuration identification arena.
* Able to establish and apply configuration identification activities. Capable of generating and communicating the project requirements in line with the project need.
* Configuration Change Management: Highly knowledgeable in configuration change management.
* Able to represent CM and run a CCB to confirm the business impact of proposed changes, and at international CCB to present company decisions.
* Capable of managing conflicts in business change decisions.
* Configuration Status Accounting: Knowledgeable in managing the CSA activities and understanding the importance and need for verifying requests for CSA reports.
* Able to manage the collation, validation and reporting of CSA information supporting the CSA review processes.
* Capable of defining and managing partner and sub-contractor CSA information, analysing the information and supporting the production of metrics and KPI requirements.
* Able to provide presentation of CSA information to external agencies, customers, change committees.
* Capable of managing the CSA review process, and provide CSA requirements in support of the CM planning activity.
* Configuration Verification and Audit: Knowledgeable in deploying and managing the CV&A activities for a project through the life cycle phases including CV&A audits external to the business in support of projects.
* Data Management: Knowledgeable in the set up and management of procedures required to review, release, and distribute Documents and Data for Systems Programmes; working internally and with customers, partners and subcontractors.
The successful candidate will be required to achieve full SC clearance for this role!!!
Apply now to Steve!!!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81452356