AV / IT Technician - The University of Leeds
Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service? Are you looking for a challenging and varied role? Do you want to be part of a team that makes a difference?
We are looking for motivated individuals to join us as AV/ IT Teaching Space Technicians whose focus will be on delivering excellent customer service to all users of Central Teaching Space (CTS). Dealing with a range of customers, you will provide technical support to Central Teaching Spaces, dealing with user enquiries, technical issues and resolving problems in relation to AV/IT equipment as required.
With experience of working in a technical support role within the education, conference or hospitality industry, you will have excellent technical skills. You will be required to provide a flexible service, working as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
As a Central Teaching Space AV / IT Technician, your main duties will include:
- Providing 2nd line technical support to the AV and IT equipment within Central Teaching Space, including preventative maintenance, repair of faults and installation of replacement equipment;
- Providing technical support and advice to specific users of Central Teaching Space including external conference customers and high-profile internal staff arranging University events;
- Support to the equipment hire and video-conferencing service to include regular checks and maintenance of the equipment, provision of written instructions and involvement with customer enquiries/training including demonstrating equipment usage;
- Assisting the Teaching Space Facilities Assistants with 1st line support by performing routine checks, servicing of equipment and dealing with calls from users experiencing difficulty with the equipment;
- Using the online timetable to move classes when faults cannot be resolved, providing basic written instructions on using the equipment, diagnosing and resolving basic faults and user error;
- Undertake projects to improve the service such as reviewing methods of record keeping, reviewing stocks of spare equipment and introduction of new technologies etc; As a Central Teaching Space Technician you will have:
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
As a IT Central Teaching Space Technician you will have:
- Experience of working in a technical support role within education, conferencing or hospitality environment;
- Experience of installing IT hardware and software, diagnosing and resolving problems;
- An ability to maintain, service, fault diagnose, test and repair to at least a mid-level, AV and IT related equipment and ability to provide advice and guidance in high pressure situations;
- An ability to work independently and flexibly to meet the daily requirements and be able to prioritise tasks effectively;
- An awareness of new technological developments in the sector
Interested? Please apply online today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81457337