Financial Controller / Accounts Manager - Maternity Cover
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Wynyard Business Park, Stockton on Tees
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Temporary (Maternity Cover)
The Company are currently looking for maternity cover for a Financial Controller who will have ultimate accountability for financial reporting across three companies in the group.
Working with your team, you'll provide regular and timely management information to the board, ensure the smooth running of the Company's accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, as well as payroll.
Using their internal tools, you'll analyse financial performance and re-forecast future revenue & profitability based on the data available.
The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant, either ACA, ACCA, or CIMA.
- Maintain the group's financial records in accordance with UK GAAP and internal policies
- Produce accurate management information for the board on a monthly basis including:
- Consolidated & Individual Profit/Loss
- Consolidated & Individual Balance Sheet
- Consolidated & Individual Cash Flow Statements
- Comparison against budget
- Re-forecasting based on current pipeline and contracted revenue
- Detailed analysis and commentary
- Attend monthly board meetings and present financial information
- Attend monthly management team meetings
- Closely manage the group's cash flow
- Produce, maintain and report on budgets in conjunction with budget holders
- Ensure VAT compliance and quarterly VAT returns are completed in a timely manner
- Oversee the payroll function and ensure that the group remains compliant with HMRC legislation at all times
- Administer the group's pension scheme
- Production of draft year end accounts
- Manage the accounts payable & accounts receivable functions
Management & Strategic responsibilities:
- Line management of other staff within the Finance team
- Manage workload between team members
- Maintain relationships with the firm's shareholders, bankers and auditors
- Strategic Responsibilities
- Challenge and replace relevant business processes where practical in order to drive efficiencies.
- Keep up to date with current & future industry developments, and changes in legislation in order to allow future planning.
- Work with the internal software development team to develop automated processes, reporting and forecasting
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Accounts Manager, Management Accountant, Senior Management Accountant, Senior Accountant, Finance Manager, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Coordinator, Finance Associate, Financial Controller, Management Accountant, Finance Specialist, Financial Executive, Financial Accounting, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller, Accounts Analyst, CIMA, ACCA, Finance Controller may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81453999