Information Security Consultant
Hudson IT has teamed up with a large financial services client based in Glasgow. We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic Information Security Consultants to join their expanding team on a permanent basis.
What will you be doing?
- Defining appropriate security requirements and controls to mitigate identified security risks across the Bank's change initiatives.
- Influencing the right security risk outcomes for the organisation in line with its Business risk appetite.
- Driving compliance with Information Security Standards, as well as Legal, Regulatory and Scheme security requirements.
- Ensuring that required controls are implemented by working closely with Design, Build and Test teams as well as Business stakeholders.
- Assuring key controls through the coordination of 3rd party security testing.
- Communicate security risks to stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Develop and build relationship with key business and technical stakeholders and central functions including Audit, Compliance and Financial Governance.
- Performing a lead role within the team and act as a point of escalation into the Consultancy Services Manager
What do you need?
- A passion for IT and Security;
- Working knowledge of fundamental Technical Security concepts
- Practical experience of multiple Information Security domains within a corporate environment
- A flair for influencing, persuasion and presentation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence change at very Senior Management Level
- An ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast changing environment
- An aptitude to quickly assimilate and understand complex changes in order to efficiently present information to identify issues and consider solutions.
- The ability to engage a range of stakeholders to influence decisions to improve security across the company.
- Practical experience of risk management principles and methodology.
- Proven ability to make sound pragmatic decisions and judgements under tight timelines, within a dynamic and fast moving project environment.
What other skills do we look for?
- Previous experience in leading and developing a small team
- Professional Information Security Qualification - eg CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CASP etc
- Experience of working within an agile project development environment.
What to do next?
If you are an information security consultant and looking for a new Exciting opportunity in Glasgow then get in touch Today !
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81450815