This is an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to join of one of the top Manufacturing companies in East Leake. The role is to minimise overdues and proactively chase customer accounts as identified by the Head of Credit Management, Accounts Receivables Team Leader and in line with predefined KPIs.
- Maximise collections and minimise over dues and the risk of bad debt by ensuring all accounts within the job holders control have been contacted for payment and followed up as necessary.
- Chase customers for payment of accounts by telephone, e-mail and letter, preparing statements of account and emailing/faxing customers to assist them to make payment.
- Identify issues on accounts and undertake their prompt resolution either with the customers or internally within our businesses.
- Organise own workload with special focus on collection of debts according to size and age.
- Ensure EDI invoices transmitted have been received by the customer and take any action necessary and in good time to ensure the customer can make payment by the invoice due date.
- Provide accurate and up to date information to the Team Leader regarding cash collections/overdues and where required present the information to Senior Managers.
- Ensure where appropriate that overdue debt is referred to external collection agencies in a timely manner, and in accordance with credit policy and procedures.
- Process account application forms, propose/set credit limits for new and existing customers, in accordance with procedures, with reference to external rating agencies, customer accounts and other pertinent information and ensure such information is up to date.
- Review held orders in a timely fashion, then review accounts and make credit decisions where appropriate to release or not within preset limits.
- Keep internal contacts informed of collection progress and highlight grounds for concern in good time.
- Liaise effectively with key contacts inside and outside of S-G either by written or oral means to obtain desired outcomes, whilst maintaining customer relationships.
- Ensure compliance with month end closing calendar and provide timely reporting of results to various stakeholders in the company and the Local Entities
- Post and Allocate cash.
- Ensure that all work conforms to current internal control procedures.
- Work with own team and/or with other process teams to identify, and implement improvement opportunities
- Awareness of basic AR accounting principles, activities and processes and of the internal and external business environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Accuracy, resilience, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of PCs and MS Office
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81450320