Middleweight Digital Designer
We are a multi-channel retailer of maternity wear, babywear and nursery products, with 88 stores in the UK and ROI, and are due to open our first US stores in Spring/Summer 2018. We have a thriving e-commerce presence and a growing international trade department. From humble beginnings, we now employ over 950 people in the UK.
The key to our success is down to our passion for people and our commitment to running an ethical and sustainable company. Coupled with our fantastic designs, innovative products, attention to detail and never-ending pursuit of high standards means we have built a company that makes us proud.
We may have grown into a major retailer but we haven’t forgotten our roots for providing quality and value for money. The passion we have for engaging with our customer means we are a business that can be trusted. We have a non-hierarchical outlook, which means our management teams must spend time helping out when all hands are needed on deck. Our success is very much a team effort.What we expect from you:
Do you love designing websites, e-mails, social and online campaigns? Are you looking for a role where you can lead digital creative and mentor junior designers? We are looking for a Middleweight Digital Designer to join our digital design team, working closely with the Print Graphic Team and Digital Marketing Team to ensure consistent design across all channels of the brand.
Reporting in to the Head of Graphic design, you will be involved in the creative look of our websites, social presence and emails; balancing the brand guidelines and the commercial objectives. You will conceptualise and deliver creative ideas across a range of digital channels while mentoring two junior designers and working closely with them so that they understand their priorities and briefs. You will assist the team in consistently delivering strong creative designs of a high standard, on time and while meeting objectives.
You will already have an in-depth knowledge of digital design, an appreciation of HTML coding (but don’t actually need to know how to code) and a thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (in particular Photoshop, Illustrator).
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing two reports and ensuring that their work is always of the highest standards.
- Taking the lead(with guidance from the Head of Graphic Design) on digital design projects ranging from full site launches to one-off campaign pages.
- Creating responsive wireframe designs for existing and new websites across the company.
- Co-ordinating work done on digital look books, content pages, emails, social posts and display ads for programmatic and affiliate advertising.
- Ensuring that your designs (and those of your team) work within the established brand guidelines and brand vision set by the Head of Graphic Design, and working closely with the Senior Graphic Designer to co-ordinate creative across Print and Digital.
- Move the look and feel of our online presence forward by keeping up to date with digital innovations and new design trends.
- Monitoring competitors and conducting research of other strong digital brands.
- Creating visually exciting digital campaigns; being able to direct and manipulate photography to be used on these campaigns and whilst ensuring that the finished product follows your design.
What we look for in you:
- 3 - 5 years proven experience as a digital designer, gained with forward-thinking, digital-first brands.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and mentor junior designers.
- A strong portfolio which showcases digital designs across mobile, tablet and desktop for responsive websites.
- Excellent understanding of UX design best practice and creating seamless online experiences for our customers.
- An understanding of HTML/CSS – be able to design with the development in mind, and be able to brief the e-commerce team in a clear way.
- A good eye for detail, and the ability to create pixel perfect assets.
- Experience of working directly with developers both internally and external agency support.
- A strong knowledge of Adobe suite, specifically Photoshop.
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to communicate with junior, peers and senior managers.
- Knowledge of Magento, Dotmailer (or a similar email marketing platform) and Trello (or similar workflow management tool) would be advantageous.
- Incremental holiday entitlement.
- Birthday day off each year.
- Annual Profit Share.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great social events.
- Staff discount with up to 40% off RRP.
- Ongoing training and educational development initiatives.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81454230