Are you a delivery focussed project professional, with an appetite for working with one of the world's biggest media companies?
Reed Professional Services are a leading provider of project consultancy and technology services. We're looking for strong, talented individuals with experience in this sector to work as a Delivery Manager on one of our key media client accounts.
At www.reedps.com we develop partnerships with our clients to provide clear solutions, drawing on our expertise and knowledge to provide services that our partners rely on.
The successful candidate will be based in our Cannon Street office in London, with significant time spent at client sites throughout London, and occasionally in Manchester and Glasgow. Reporting to the Head of Delivery, the role of Delivery Manager will provide oversight and management across a large number of client projects and stakeholders, as well as proactively identifying new business opportunities by identifying the client's technical and business requirements. We are already delivering a wide range of projects into this client including, but not limited to the following areas:
- Software delivery projects (predominantly agile but also some waterfall)
- Project/Programme management services
- Service Management initiatives
This is a permanent role offering a competitive rate + OTE.
What will you be doing?
Whilst not a hands-on Project Management role, duties will include;
- Management of a portfolio of work packages, managing the end-to-end lifecycle from initial customer requirements, definition and kick-off, through to delivery sign-off.
- Establishing a clear stakeholder identification plan, as well as a managed network both within the nominated client as wells as the wider industry, as contacts move beyond the client base.
- Establishing an alignment between the client needs and the core services offered by RPS, covering the following fixed price work package models:
- Deliverables based
- Agile Velocity based
- Managed Service based
What are we looking for?
- A strong supplier side Delivery Management background
- Previous commercial experience and strong commercial awareness of acting on the supplier/consultancy side of business, managing client stakeholders, and targeting account growth
- Good knowledge of Agile and other Software Development methodologies
- Excellent client stakeholder management skills
- Rigorous but flexible approach to all the core project management disciplines
- Organised and methodical approach to tracking and managing information across multiple projects
- Proven background in producing and completing Statement of Works/Project Delivery plans
- Strong time and prioritisation management skills, with an ability to handle a large portfolio (circa 30-40) of light touch projects
- Strong IT literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to other online collaboration tools such as Box, Dropbox, Trello, Slack, and Jira would be an advantage but not essential.
- Project Management qualifications including Prince2, PMI PMP, Scrum Master certification etc an advantage.
- Service Management experience including Service and Integration Management (SIAM), and ITL would be a plus.
- A consulting background is advantageous
What do we offer?
As well as a competitive salary plus OTE, RPS offer a variety of company benefits such as 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, paid sabbaticals after every 5 years of service, long standing service awards, a discount scheme, pension, season ticket loans, access to health insurance, free eye tests, personal development schemes, paid rewards for innovative ideas, childcare vouchers and many, many more!
If you are interested in being part of an organisation where innovation and creative thinking are encouraged, with fantastic opportunities to drive your career forward, apply today!
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81449929