Application Engineer -Global Manufacturer -Automation & Machine Safety
BelkavitzSloan are proud partners to a global manufacturer of Electrical Connector and Automation technology offering products, solutions, complete automation systems, and engineering services and tools from one single source. They are able to support the customer throughout the entire machine development process from the control system to the drive shaft, from the initial idea to after-sales.
Their products can be found in many industries, including automotive, packaging, material handling and logistics, robotics, and commercial equipment (pumps/fans). A global network of distributors and representatives makes this company perfectly positioned to meet the Automation needs of customers worldwide.
The company have an exciting opportunity for an Application Engineer who will support the Solution and System Sales force in the Pre-Sales phase to win new Automation Solutions and Systems.
- Acts as the technical lead on-site at the customer location for assignments on specific customer situation or requirements
- Applies acquired process, application, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price and functionality to define the future automation strategy for specific strategic accounts
- Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions or standards.
- Reviews/analyzes specification costs of installations to determine changes/revisions resulting in lower design/manufacturing costs and increase profitability.
- Proposes specific products and value engineering adaptations with cost-effective results, meeting customer needs.
- Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Provide one-on-one support and assist customers through applications from concept through completion.
- Machine AssessmentCreate Machine SpecificationSizing / SelectingDevelop Value ProposalPresent Automation Solution and SystemProvide Support to Sales in Solution quote creationProvide technical advice to Customers and SalesDevelop customer PLC and HMI softwareCommissioning of the company’s Solutions and SystemsAutomation project support via phone, remote desktop and onsite.Internal and external Automation, Solution and System training.Provide sales support to field sales, this includes regional training as well as sales support callsProject managementTravel as needed
- Bachelor Degree required in Electrical, Mechatronics or Robotics5+ Years in the area mentioned above.HMI programmingFieldbus (Ethercat, CAN, Ethernet-IP)Mechatronic (Mechanic/Electric/Software)Machine commissioningMachine assessmentCreating Application / Machine specificationFamiliar with wiring diagrams and troubleshooting customer wiringProject managementVisual basic (would be helpful)Software, installation and setup support on windows systems(would be helpful)Machine Safety (would be helpful)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81454003