An experienced Legal Manager is sought by an award-winning firm of solicitors based in Leamington Spa. The firm has been providing advice to their business and individual clients for nearly two centuries across a diverse range of sectors, and their insolvency solicitors act for lenders, borrowers, insolvency practitioners and company directors on a wide range of business recovery, turnaround and insolvency matters.
As a Legal Manager you will deliver excellent client service, manage and supervise junior fee earners to develop knowledge and technical skills to excel in delivery, efficiency and deliver services on budget. Your day to day duties will include:
- Support key events to help secure profitable new clients and increase the Firm's profile.
- Ensure the execution of matters comply with internal policies and procedures to minimise breaches, claims and client dissatisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with SRA standards to safeguard our clients and support the Firm in maintaining its Practice Management standards and accreditations.
- Ensure that our service is delivered as per the guidelines and regulations of the FCA, CPR and SRA.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money”.
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms such as Easy Collect, Lawsoft, Visualfiles, Worksite and InterAction by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- Manage a caseload of fixed price litigation with values of less than <£50,000.
- Supervise the caseloads of junior fee earner to ensure compliance with procedure, efficiency, client service standards and productivity targets are met.
- Impart and train to develop technical knowledge amongst junior fee earners.
- Undertake legal research both as requested and on own initiative.
- Develop innovative and improved methods of working to ensure productivity and profitability.
- Provide support to client services team on Client Audits and new business proposals.
- Ensure that own PDR and objectives are updated in line with the Firm's practices and policies.
- Ensure CPD and self-development is maintained.
- All new instructions to be appropriately triaged and conducted in accordance with the procedure and process for the unit.
- Ensure time spent is in accordance with process and procedure.
- Achieve personal utilisation and realisation targets.
- All invoices to be raised on completion of the matter and where possible interim billing to be applied. Disbursements and other ‘expenses' to be invoiced as and when incurred.
- Active management of lock up to industry best practice standards.
- Qualified lawyer with minimum 2 years' post qualifying experience
- Management experience
- People focused
- Client centric
- Results orientated
- Strong communication skills
- Business acumen
- £30,000 salary
- Company bonus
- 22 days holiday rising to 25 with length of service (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Healthcare scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- On-site café
- An active social committee
- Childcare vouchers
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£30,000 + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458019