Project Accountant, Dorset, Up to £30,000 DOE
You are an experienced Accountant working towards your professional accountancy qualifications, looking to join an industry leading, engineering company. Our award-winning client, specialising in bespoke products and solutions for the defence industry, has a respectable and global client base. As Project Accountant you'll be responsible for supporting and guiding projects and their financial performance.
Key responsibilities as Project Accountant will include:
- Controlling and setting project financial performance targets; producing predictions against targets and maintaining, appraising and challenging project performance
- Reporting and maintaining predicted and actual project results
- Assessing and approving bid submissions for financial criteria within projects, challenging levels of cost where necessary
- Ensuring all inventory is accounted for, including both stock and work in progress
- Assisting with budget holder decisions, using your experience to advise effectively whilst continuously promoting improvement through all processes
Key skills as Project Accountant will include:
- Experience working as an Accountant within an engineering company, ideally working on long-term contracts
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and ERP systems
- Working towards professional accountancy qualifications such as ACCA and CIMA
- Strong relationship-builder, with good communication skills both written and verbal
- A highly organised individual with good attention to detail
Based at their site in Dorset, this is an opportunity to join a growing, global company that topped our survey for the best benefits package. Our client is offering this Project Accountant role on a full time, permanent basis with a competitive salary of up to £30,000 and a generous training budget ensuring your personal development. If you are a self-motivated, driven individual that is looking for a challenge within a Project Accountant role then call Helen Budzynski today or apply via the advert.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458012