Junior Full Stack Developers
Already gained a couple of years full stack development experience in industry and looking to continue developing your full stack skills?
- Bring a mixture of hands-on skills such as Node.js, React/Redux, Express, SQL, NoSQL, Linux or similar that show your full stack knowledge
- Work, learn and develop your skills in a small, growing, company
- Get 30 days holiday, healthcare, pension and more
Halsol is a consultancy and delivery business, established for over ten years.
We specialise in:
- Delivery Management
- Solution Engineering
- Business Change
Our services range across:
- software product development
- large scale systems integration
- project/programme management
Our clients are world leading consultancies, systems integrators and their end customers.
We are seeking to grow our team to satisfy increased demand from both existing and new customers in addition to developing future opportunities.What you'll do
We are looking for Junior Full Stack Developers to be part of this growth.
You’ll be working on a variety of tasks, constantly learning and being challenged to develop new skills through a range of activities on important and interesting projects.
You’ll be involved in the complete development lifecycle, from understanding customer needs through to design, development, test, install and support for solutions.
You’ll get experience of projects that range from specialised research & development through to large scale systems integration programmes that enable critical national infrastructure. With this range of projects comes the opportunity to work in a more dynamic and varied environment than would normally be available in this type of role.
As a Junior Full Stack Developer, in a relatively small company that is starting to grow, you’ll be integral to shaping this growth and our culture whilst growing both your own and the overall company’s capability.
Examples of types of work that you’ll do as a Junior Full Stack Developer:
- Working with end users to understand how to visualise large amounts of data so that they can assure themselves that the data is correct
- Developing clean, efficient, back-end code and smart, innovative, front-end visualisations
- Ensuring that products can be deployed, supported and extended with minimum impact on end users
- Participating in internal research and development activities
- 30 days holiday
- contributory pension scheme
- health insurance
- company sharing in success scheme
- great learning & training opportunities
- high-specification developer IT kit
As a Junior Full Stack Developer you must have:
- 2 years+ hands-on software development experience with some of the following:
- UI frameworks, e.g. React/Redux, Angular.js, Vue
- Web application frameworks, e.g. Express
- Database technologies, e.g. SQL, NoSQL
- Linux based operating systems, e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat
- Problem solving
- Completing work to an exemplary standard
- Experience of test approaches such as BDD/TDD
- Experience of using the Atlassian tool set, predominately Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence or similar
- Knowledge of UML, Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Knowledge of XSD, XML, XSLT and JSON
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, SAAS, SCSS or similar stylesheet frameworks
- Experience of use of or application integration with Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Experience of use of or application integration with ServiceNow
- Container, virtualisation and cloud technologies such as Docker, VMWare, AWS, Vagrant and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, such as Hyperledger or Ethereum
- Experience of agile frameworks, methodologies and ways of working
- Experience of interacting with customers in support of key activities such as identifying needs/requirements, supporting acceptance testing, post-release support and guidance
- Experience of forming, communicating, and presenting ideas and technical material to other team members and/or customers
We would prefer our Junior Full Stack Developers to have the following attributes:
- The motivation to excel and help others excel
- An appetite to learn and develop through self-led learning, learning from others and helping the team develop as a whole
- Respond to challenges with positivity and a can-do attitude
- Willingness to receive feedback on individual decisions, activities and behaviours as opportunities for improving self-awareness and self-development along with the willingness to provide the same constructive feedback to others
- Prepared to consider and contribute to the whole business view that’s needed to successfully create, deliver and sustain high-quality solutions. Coupled with this the willingness to work at all stages of development lifecycle as required
- An appreciation for the broader business context and how it influences, and is influenced by, technical development activities
- 2.1 or higher Computer Science / Computer Systems / Software Engineering degree
Candidates must be eligible to work within the UK.
Existing UK SC clearance advantageous. Due to the nature of some of the projects that you will be working on, you will need to be eligible to achieve UK security clearance to SC level.Applications
Strictly no agencies. Direct candidate applications only.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81451444