Deskside Support Engineer (Level 3)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in Beckenham, Bromley. This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, to start on 4th June 2018, running until 31st May 2019. The role is paying £25 per hour (Ltd contractor/Umbrella).
We are currently looking for highly customer-focused and willing Deskside Support Engineer with a genuine interest in solving people's IT issues, to provide desktop support for the technical infrastructure of the customer. You will be supporting a large public sector customer who sets high standards for themselves and expects the same standards of us as their support provider. The successful candidate should be technically competent, possess good communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
Day to day activities include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimising disruption to our users. You are also the on-site hands & eyes support for the server, storage, telecommunications and network teams.
- Act as lead person on site by leading team and dealing with escalations
- Trains users according to technical, release and security standards.
- Hardware break-fix services for all work-space client including: Desktop, Laptop and Printer break-fix
- IMAC requests - providing the necessary technical support to complete the IMAC, including on-site support as necessary
- Performing any required back-up procedures
- Incident and problem resolution for services escalated from the Service Desk or generated via automated monitoring systems
- Incident and Problem resolution for all WS components and services escalated
- Stock Management
- 3rd Line support - Specialised knowledge across 3+ systems, including financial packages/bespoke, server admin, networking, telephony, peripheral software
- May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Will involve customer technical liaison and the discussion and agreement of specifications.
- Develop and test enhancements to business solutions.
- Understand and apply formal development techniques, install solutions of moderate complexity.
- Must have some form of valid SC clearance already and be able to show proof of this
- Must be happy to undergo BPSS clearance and additional customer checks
- Previous experience either mentoring or leading a team would be highly advantageous
- A broad technical knowledge of PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- Previous experience in desktop support/hardware refreshes
- Good working knowledge of current software packages
- Good working knowledge of operating system
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment
- Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used by the customer
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Contributes to, supports and works within the team
- Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills/able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81450693