Finance Manager £30,000 - £40,000 (dependant on experience)
Full-Time / Permanent
The Candidate The successful candidate will possess strong organisation and communication skills and be qualified to CIMA, ACCA, or ACA equivalent (or be qualified by experience) and must have VAT partial exemption experience. A working knowledge of the Sage 50c accounting system is also required, coupled with the ability to lead and manage a small team.
The Role Reporting to the Clubs Board of Directors through a Standing Finance and HR Committee, the role will include: Responsibility for regular reporting and the presentation of financial data to the Board of Directors and the Finance & HR Committee, including individual profit/loss figures for approximately 25 championships, and over 40+ race meetings each season;
* Working alongside the Finance & HR Committee to implement & review new & current finance polices and processes for the club;
* Implementing & reviewing a budget & forecast process to provide the club Board with relevant and timely financial information across race meetings, championships and club overheads;
* Maintaining regular reviews of supplier contracts, and be instrumental in seeking new and better contracts or suppliers for the club;
* Responsibility for the preparation of annual statutory accounts and managing the relationship with the Clubs' Accountants alongside managing the annual audit/assurance;
* Production & authorisation of quarterly partial exemption VAT Returns;
* Maintaining oversight, accuracy and consistency of all postings to ledgers within the Sage accounting system;
* Reviewing & implementing changes to financial procedures across six regional centres to ensure consistency of approach and reporting;
* Maintaining & reviewing Fixed Asset Registers in the office and across the regional centres including IT systems, Rescue Unit equipment, fixtures & fittings;
* Responsibility for authorisation and payment of Employee Payroll (currently outsourced), distribution of payslips, P60s and P11ds.
* To ensure the Club is compliant across all its financial dealings, including the processing of customer card payments and expense claims from race officials and volunteers. Liaising with external bodies, including HMRC & MSA;
* Responsibility for office facilities, Health & Safety, First Aid (training can be provided);
* Supervising two finance team members;
* Responsibility for employee welfare, including performance management, employee engagement, absence management, training and serve as the link between the Club's Board of Directors and its' employees.
If you are interested in going forward for the Finance Manager post then please apply, to know more please email or contact 01892 55 33 69.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81453032