Mechanical Design Engineer (Consumer Products)
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 - £38,000
We are urgently seeking a Design Engineer to join a well established business who design a range of plastic & rubber moulded products for the regulated sectors. The company have a number of large projects underway and are in need of a talented design engineer.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with some experience of working on New Product Development projects from generic product development sector with an appreciation of aesthetic & functional design.
This role will involve working on the design & development of a range of products from initial brainstorming and concept generation, through to manufacture.
You will be focused on producing high quality designs in line with user requirements to enable these products to be delivered to market without compromising on cost or quality.
Skills & Background Needed:
- Degree/HND in mechanical engineer or product design
- Excellent 3D CAD modelling skills (SolidWorks desirable)
- 3+ years commercial experience post graduation
- Experience with plastic and rubber moulding and metal
- Commercially aware and be able to identify product cost saving opportunities.
- Excellent understanding of DFM principles
- Experience of liaising with tooling & manufacturing engineers
This company value their employees and offer good career development. They are also market leaders in the products they produce.
Key word search: mechanical design, design engineer, plastic, rubber, solidworks, creo
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81457727