Senior Systems Engineer
Gold Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our client in Bristol.
Our client is looking for a degree qualified engineer (or equivalent) to join a growing systems engineering team.
Please note some domestic and occasional overseas travel may be required.
Salary on offer is up to £40k to £50k per annum DOE + some amazing benefits:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Private Medical Insurance (Pmi)
- Income Protection
- 25 Days Holiday Per Year
- 26 Days After 3 years' Service
- 27 Days After 5 years' Service
- Sick Pay Entitlement - 15 Days
- Child Care Vouchers
- Personal Achievement Training
- Eye Tests
The successful applicant will receive exposure and experience working on large scale projects with opportunities to advance their career in the field of systems engineering. The applicant shall have worked in a professional engineering environment, be familiar with engineering processes and possess a strong appreciation of systems engineering fundamentals.
- Requirements Engineering:
- Definition and management of system level requirements;
- Management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
- Experience of managing system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
- Development of V&V test plans;
- To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
- Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements;
- Produce and support adjacent functions in the definition of system and equipment specifications.
- Production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
- Engineering Process:
- Experience of managing technical queries and the engineering change management process;
- Collaborate with other business functions to produce and review engineering work packages and associated work breakdown structures.
- Architectural Design:
- Knowledge of SysML (Systems Modelling Language);
- Support domain specialists in the definition and management of subsystem black box, white box and system interface diagrams.
- Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the company designs from customer and project team stakeholders;
- To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks as agreed with the line manager or work package lead.
- Provide technical representation for the company to customers and suppliers and deputise for the technical manager on occasions;
The following are desirable attributes for the role:
- Knowledge of MODAF and DODAF architectural frameworks;
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- To "fill gaps" in the engineering team by quickly understanding wider engineering areas (outside of specialism) to support design and understand engineering strategies - EMC, Safety, ILS, etc.;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 6+ years' experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Good understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity;
- Understands the characteristics of good quality requirements, elicitation methods and tools;
- Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defence Projects;
- Knowledge of Systems Design methodologies;
- Able to understand detail and a low level of fidelity in technical decision making;
- Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Good PC skills (Experience with DOORS is essential; System Architect or Rhapsody would be beneficial);
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81449895