Financial Accountant - Basingstoke
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our client.
Based in Basingstoke
Up to £38,000
Our client is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. They are an established and progressive Top 10 Firm of accountants who are widely considered to be one of the most forward thinking and entrepreneurial of their peers.
Their focus is on their staff, their development and the growth of the business and with that comes great opportunities both in the UK and Internationally.
About the Financial Accountant
You will be working as part of a team responsible for providing accounting, financial and compliance expertise to a wide range of clients.
You will play an important role, both through managing your own portfolio of clients as well as supervising the more junior members of the team.
As the successful Financial Accountant you will:
* Prepare financial statements that are compliant with UK GAAP and relevant accounting standards.
* Work on other accountancy related projects for clients including financial reporting advisory.
* Utilise Excel/Word and CCH AP 2 to produce working papers and financial statements.
* Liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams, to ensure that agreed deadlines for the preparation of accounts is met, significant issues are resolved
* Deal with cost management, billing and other administrative issues.
* Act as a coach of more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required.
* Travel to client's premises in the region as required. The significant proportion of work is office
To be the successful Financial Accountant, you will possess a good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements and be able to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels of personnel.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you are ACCA qualified with demonstrable experience within practice / industry.
A strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, Consolidation technique, LLP SORP, Charities SORP and UK GAAP is also essential.
You will possess excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and be proactive with well-developed people skills.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment and HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 16 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.