REED Accountancy is currently recruiting a Financial Controller who will be reporting directly into the CFO. Based in Coventry you will ideally live locally and have experience of working within the not for profit sector.
* Reporting to and supporting the Managing Director
* Liaison with the Non-Exec Director with Board responsibility for finance
* Liaison with external advisers such as Auditors, Bankers, Investment Fund Managers, etc
* Undertake all accounting operations including Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledger functions.
* Coordinate and preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
* Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
* Being a member based organization, the successful candidate must have a focus on achieving budget objectives and cost control.
The successful candidate will have the following;
* Proven experience of preparation of Statutory and Management Accounts
* Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
* Knowledge of accounting software (Sage) and Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) essential
* Experience of VAT Returns essential
* Knowledge of Payroll desirable
* Qualified By Experienced Accountant preferred or Part (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) or similar
* A self-motivated individual with excellent inter-personal skills and able to work on own initiative
In return you can enjoy a superb salary, contributory pension, bonus, free parking and more
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81450105