To design the end to end architecture of Data and Analytics (D&A) solutions to meet customer and operational requirements in alignment to TfL’s commercial objectives and Data and Analytics technology roadmap and strategy. The architecture of solutions needs to ensure that data is able to be provided to the required level of quality, latency and detail in order meet the customers needs whilst meeting TfLs dedications to data protection and security.
- Responsible for the creation and development of architecture methodology to enable repeatable and standardised business intelligence and data warehousing architecture for a range of Data and Analytics products and services.
- Working on proof of concept of new architecture solutions to establish effectiveness of requirements and ability to deliver quickly in order for TfL to keep improving on the speed at which data can be converted to insight and influence business decisions.
- Creation of architectural designs in line with architectural standards and in alignment to the D&A strategy.
- Responsible for providing input into the medium to long term (1-3 years) solution road maps for D&A systems which will ensure that the solution can evolve in line with the D&A Strategy taking advantage of improvements in technology and changes in interfacing systems to continue to deliver the required business capabilities
- Responsible for assessing and providing recommendations on technological investments across the Data and Analytics portfolio based on roadmaps and agreed strategy.
- Analyse the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend/influence standard methodology solutions to Data and Analytics and other parts of TfL, where required, for improvement.
- Accountable for providing support to the operations team in bug resolution or redesign following production issues
- Deep understanding of data warehousing methodologies, data modelling and taking care of big data and the approaches;
- Understand star schema structure & design, detailed understanding and experience of the application of Kimball & Inmon data warehouse design;
- Deep understanding of Data Warehousing development inc. ETL, Testing and reporting front end solutions;
- Understand Business Intelligence/Warehousing trends particularly those within public transport operations and smart cards;
- Deep understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques.
- A graduate level degree in a meaningful technology/computer science subject/equivalent technical qualification plus sound on the job experience of the platform specialism;
- Knowledge of meaningful national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act, including knowledge of basic confidentiality and data protection requirements that apply to the processing of customer information.
- Expert solution architecture skills in architecting business intelligence solutions across software, infrastructure and networks, including cloud.
- Demonstrable ability to take a loose set of requirements and build a high level architecture. Refining the architecture as more information is discovered, decisions identified and choices are made.
- Proven ability to analyse complex systems, identify decision points, draw conclusions and produce recommendations.
- Ensure mapping and trace-ability between Business and technical requirement and sub system and interface specifications
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with people within the delivery team including project managers, business analysis, developers and test people. Plus other TfL departments and third parties at working and director levels.
- Strong written interpersonal skills including ability to produce summary and feasibility reports on complex technical and business issues.
- Has experience of designing business intelligence large multi-tier applications deployed across multiple machines. Building in the non-functional requirements of reliability, scalability, performance and resilience.
- Demonstrable experience of architecting business intelligence solutions within an overall agile development process. Fully familiar with the tools and techniques used.
- A teammate committed to getting the job done in a timely and quality driven manner.
- Deep understanding of Security principles and standard methodologies with regard to Security and PCI-DSS 1.2
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29/30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81451741