Accountant (Accountancy Practice)
Excellent holiday allowance and benefits
We are recruiting for a highly respected Accountancy practice in the heart of Leeds. This is a professional, friendly and busy accountancy firm who are growing rapidly. We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious ACA or ACCA qualified accountant to join our Leeds based clients' Accounts team.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an accountancy practice and will work both autonomously and as part of a team to deliver accounting and advisory services to a range of clients.
- Preparation of company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Active adherence to budgets, bringing matters to the attention of the Manager where relevant
- Manage a portfolio of non-audit clients, under the supervision of a Manager, and provide rounded support for the client base
- Set timetables and control assignments from start to finish
- Delegate tax return processing, accounts preparation and work on the client base to junior staff members, where possible, and review their work
- Identify tax planning opportunities for client base
- Developing and strengthening existing client relationships through proactive and professional behaviour
- Add value to clients' businesses through identifying opportunities where we can assist/support
- Undertake training or development as required by the Firm
- Providing training and development to junior members of staff
What are we looking for?
- Applicants will ideally be either ACA or ACCA qualified. A year post qualification experience in an accountancy practice is preferable, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Drive and ambition to work within a progressive and commercial environment
- Excellent organisational ability
- Highly numerate and analytical
- A strong attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new tasks and work on own initiative
- Experience using Sage and Xero
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
To apply for the role of Accountant, please click APPLY now and send CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81451675