Linux Systems Engineer
Job Role: Linux Systems Engineer
Salary/Rate: Salary DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
DevOps Engineer Cyber Security - Permanent - Reading - Salary DOE
- Basic knowledge of a wide range of cyber security topics.
- Experience of using scripting languages (Windows and Linux) to automate various processes.
- Comfortable working with Linux based operating systems.
- The client is willing to support people in this area but ideally demonstrable hands on experience and working knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem including but not limited to some of the following:
- HDFS administration tools and techniques.
- Deliver outstanding service to our customers, building on our reputation for excellence in delivery.
- Carry out design, development, integration and testing of applications and services.
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects and operational support tasks.
- Maintain knowledge of the software industry and new trends and approaches.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies.
- Acts as a key contributor and provides expert advice to other groups on technical and operational issues.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana for low latency data analysis and visualisation.
- Experience with issue management and change management systems, preferably the Atlassian toolset.
- Experience with configuration managements tools, preferably Puppet.
- Experience administering virtual machines (Windows and Linux).
- Experience with code performance, profiling and optimisation e.g. data load optimisation and query optimisation.
- A thorough understanding of software build and release management.
- A thorough understanding of unit and integration testing.
- The successful candidate will be office based; the role may also involve infrequent travel to and from other offices throughout the UK.
- Must have achieved a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree e.g. Computer Science or has achieved 5+ years recent and relevant industry experience.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81449342