Roc Search is currently recruiting for a Linux Administrator based in Telford on a contract basis.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £280 - £320 per day
The role will cover supporting the client's Linux platforms providing stability, performance and a scalable architecture. The focus for the role will be a SME for the team and ensure BAU, engineering functions and project delivery are conducted in line with the department strategy
- Ensure all Linux platforms are supported to a high standard and incidents, requests and problems are resolved within a timely manner, within agreed SLA's.
- Takes lead in Linux Engineering capability which involves creating and delivering technology improvement plans
- SME contributing ideas and effort towards assigned service improvement initiatives and related IT Delivery projects
- Participate in design and technology reviews and provide documentation where needed.
- Produces scripts to extend, enhance or automate functionality using best practice industry standard scripting tools
- Work closely with Project managers, Architecture, Development and other technology groups. Assisting in providing technical support and direction to project and development teams as required
- Contribute to the change management process; ensuring changes are implemented with minimal business impact.
- Lead in the resolution of P1 incidents and to ensure delivery of optimum service to the business with management of any third parties or partners if required
- Must have experience as a Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
- Working in DevOps environment
- Working in the insurance or reinsurance sector
- RedHat Linux
- Satellite Server
- Shell Scripting
- Networking technologies
- Red Hat or derivative Qualification
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
If this role is of interest, please apply for immediate consideration by emailing your CV to or call on 01183 177 222.
As a professional company we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81452540