Actuarial Associate Consultant
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? We are currently looking for an Associate Consultant to join our Actuarial Consulting Team in Leeds. The role of the Actuarial Associate Consultant is to provide support and expertise to Consultants and Client Relationship Managers to ensure the provision of an efficient, professional and profitable service.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody looking to become a qualified actuary as well as to gain consulting experience. We are committed to supporting continuous learning and professional development and as such, we are able to offer study support towards your actuarial qualifications.
Our client is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Their client proposition is built upon their deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, they place their clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results they deliver.
Our client has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since October 1987 and today has a market capitalisation of over £2.5bn. The business has been very successful and has grown substantially over recent years with employee numbers increasing from 5,000 to over 11,000 over the last 5 years. Today our client has offices across 41 territories.
- Provide full support for internal company quality control and client care procedures
- Complete technical calculations and draft reports for consultants and consulting actuaries - these may be routine actuarial reports, non specific actuarial reports or reports of a non actuarial nature
- Perform other calculations or reports as required by clients or legislation
- Analyse scheme accounts, investment reports, scheme documentation and company accounts
- Produce neat, dated and fully referenced work which is easily checkable and can be followed up at a later date
- Draft letters and reports which should be clear and complete in line with internal and external standards
- Build professional and friendly relationships with clients whilst communicating technical information in simple terms
- To understand and comply with actuarial and other internal and external guidance notes as well as relevant legislation
- To develop an understanding of technical areas including FRS102/IAS19/US GAAP approximate calculations etc. as appropriate to role
- Knowledge and understanding of benefit calculations and actuarial valuations
- Has commenced actuarial exams
- Sufficient relevant pensions experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Good Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Comfortable with new technology
Our client offer highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so they ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the group in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81448461